With Clio Grow's website feature, you can create a professional and secure website directly in Clio Grow, all without having to learn design or code. Once your website is published, your clients can find your firm services, book and pay for consultations, and submit case details online.
Tip: Learn more about Clio Grow's website builder here.
Create your Clio Grow website
Creating your website in Clio Grow is easy and does not require any design or coding experience. You can use the domain name offered by Clio Grow, purchase a domain through Google Domains, or use an existing domain that you already own. After that, you can select your website's theme and color scheme, and add text and images in the website builder before publishing your website.
- Go to Settings > Website.
- Follow the prompts to create your website.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- When you are finished and ready for clients to view your website, scroll to the top, and toggle on Publish website.
Connect your custom domain
With Clio Grow's website feature, you can connect a custom domain that you purchased from a third-party provider to your Clio Grow website using domain mapping. You can connect your domain to Clio Grow by adding new A records and removing any existing A records with the same name in the DNS settings. Follow the steps below to begin and complete the custom domain connection process.
Step 1: Add your custom domain to the website settings page
- Go to Settings > Website.
- Under Website options, click Use an existing domain you own.
- Enter the custom domain you purchased and select Submit domain.
- Once your domain has been added, your website will no longer be available at the Clio Grow subdomain and will not be accessible until you finish the DNS record updates.
Step 2: Remove existing A records and add new A records
The directions below are general directions for adding an A record and vary depending on which provider you bought the domain from. For directions specific to any other domain provider, search for "Add an A record [provider's name]" in Google or the domain provider's help/support site.
Note: Some DNS providers only allow unique host values when creating records. This means that you may need to add multiple data values to one host depending on your DNS provider.
- Log in to your account on the domain provider's website.
- Go to the DNS management section in your account settings.
- Find the Add Records screen.
- Delete any existing A records with the same name as the ones you are going to set up.
- Create four separate A records. Two will be a slightly different version for your custom domain.
Important: All four A records are required. Your domain will not route to your Clio Grow website without all four.
- Record 1, host: example.com value: 18.104.22.168
- Record 2, host: example.com value: 22.214.171.124
- Record 3, host: www.example.com value: 126.96.36.199
- Record 4, host: www.example.com value: 188.8.131.52
- Save your changes.
- Once completed, your domain will route to your Clio Grow website within 48 hours.