Xero is a cloud-based accounting software. With Clio’s integration with Xero, you can sync your Clio contacts, time and expense activities, bills, credit notes, and interest to Xero for accounting purposes.
Set up integration
Note: You can only set up the Clio integration with Xero if you have a Xero subscription and account.
- Go to Settings > Bill Syncing.
- Click Connect next to Xero.
- Click Link Xero Account.
- Log in to Xero and authorize the integration.
- Contacts will sync automatically.
Set up sync
Once the integration is set up, your contacts will automatically be sent to Xero. The contact sync is bi-directional, which means that any changes made in Clio will update in Xero, and any changes in Xero will update in Clio.
You can enable the option to send time entries, expenses, bills, credit notes, interest, and payments to Xero. This sync is one-way, which means that any changes in Xero will not update in Clio, but changes in Clio will update in Xero.
- Go to Settings > Bill Syncing > Xero.
- Check the box for Sync bills from Clio to Xero.
- Click Update Sync Settings.
- To sync bills, check the box for Sync bills from Clio to Xero.
Perform trust funds reconciliation
Due to limitation in place by Xero, trust funds account transactions cannot be synced from Clio to Xero. If you need to perform trust funds account reconciliation, you can generate the trust funds ledger, client listing, and bank account activity reports in Clio and then compare the amounts to your bank statement or the information in Xero.
- In Clio Manage, go to Reports > Reports.
- Click Client under Categories.
- Select the Client ledger report.
- Choose your parameters
- Select Generate report.
- Repeat steps 2, 4, and 5 for the trust funds ledger and bank account activity reports.
- Go to Xero and compare the amounts.