DocuSign allows you to send documents for signatures and manage electronic signatures online. With Clio's integration with DocuSign, you can prepare and send Clio documents for online signatures and track document signature requests.
Tip: Clio has an integration with Dropbox Sign that is built directly into Clio Manage. Your Clio subscription includes the option to send documents for eSignature using Dropbox Sign at no additional cost. Learn more here.
Set up DocuSign
Before setting up DocuSign in Clio, you will need to sign up for a DocuSign account. Once you have an account, you can set up the integration.
- Click this link to enable the DocuSign and Clio integration.
- Select your region.
- Click Continue.
- Select Allow Access.
- Log in to your DocuSign account.
Send documents for online signatures
When a document is sent for eSignature from Clio Manage, the sent and received documents will be stored in DocuSign. After all signers have signed the document, you will receive an email containing the signed document, which you use to replace the current version in Clio Manage. Learn more about adding new versions of documents here.
- In Clio Manage, go to the Documents tab or the Documents subtab in a contact or matter.
- Find the document that you want to send out for online signature.
- Click the down arrow next to View and select e-Sign.
- If prompted, sign in to your DocuSign account.
- Add signature fields to prepare and send the document for online signatures.
Revoke DocuSign access
Follow the instructions in this DocuSign article to learn how to revoke access from DocuSign.
Find DocuSign support
You can find more information about DocuSign and how to manage documents and signature requests here.