Closing a matter does not impact any of the matter’s contents. If you are done working on a matter, the recommended action is to close the matter, not to delete it. The benefit of closing a matter is that you can view the contents of the closed matter and reopen the matter at any time.
Close a matter in Clio Manage
You can close a matter when editing the matter in the matter form or when viewing the matter’s dashboard.
- Go to Matters and click Edit. You can also search for the matter in the search bar and click Edit matter in the matter’s dashboard.
- Go to the Matter details section.
- Under Matter status, change the status to Closed.
- Click Save matter.
- Go to Matters and click the matter’s name. You can also search for the matter in the search bar.
- Once in the matter’s dashboard, scroll down to the Details section.
- Click the box next to Status and change the status to Closed.
Close matters in bulk in Clio Manage
- Go to Matters.
- Check the box next to each matter you want to close.
- Select Update matter status.
- Select Close.
- Click Save.
Close a matter in Clio Grow
In Clio Grow, you cannot close a matter, but you can move the matter to the Did Not Hire section of the Pipeline. Once a matter is moved to that section, it will not appear in the Matters page unless you search for that filter.
- Go to Pipeline.
- Click the red symbol on the matter.
- Select any of the red Did Not Hire matter status options.
Reopen a closed matter in Clio Manage
You can reopen a closed matter in Clio Manage at any time. To do this:
- Go to Matters.
- Select the Closed subtab.
- Click Edit, change the matter status, and click Save matter. You can also click the matter name and change the status to Open in the dashboard.