Clio Manage is a practice management software where you can manage your law firm clients, cases, files, billing, payments, and much more. After signing up for Clio Manage, you can begin setting up your account. Take a look at the resources below to learn more about navigating the Clio Manage interface.
Tip: Learn more about setting up Clio Manage here.
Across the top of your Clio Manage interface is your home for all quick access items. Here you can easily access Clio Grow if you have both Clio Manage and Clio Grow, perform a quick search using the global search bar, filter your search results, view recently viewed contacts and matters, start a billing timer, and create new assets all in one click. The header will also show you your notifications, which can be managed in your settings.
Side navigation bar
Use the navigation bar to access case-specific files and resources for your account. When you click each tab, you will see a header with subtabs for navigating actions in the section and a table for navigating and manipulating data. Clio Manage contains the following tabs:
- Personal Dashboard: Gives you a snapshot of pertinent information related to your overall personal and specific matters.
- Firm Dashboard: Offers managers, administrators, and users with reporting permissions insights into the utilization, realization, and collection metrics of their firms. It presents data by your desired year, and can be adjusted with the date selector at the top of the page.
- Firm Feed: Informs firm members of important account activity and events.
In this tab, you can navigate how you view your calendars, change months, and change date views. You can also add new calendar events, and add, share, and modify calendar preferences. Learn more about calendars here.
In this tab, you can view tasks depending on whether they are outstanding or completed tasks, search by date range, and filter results further. You can also manage task types, task lists, task feeds, and create new tasks. Learn more about tasks here.
In this tab, you can view matters by matter status (open, pending, closed), search through matters quickly and easily with a keyword search, add or remove columns, filter the table view, and add new matters. Learn more about matters here.
In this tab, you can view contacts by contact type (person or company contacts), search through contacts quickly and easily with a keyword search, add or remove columns, filter the table view, and add new contacts. Learn more about contacts here.
In this tab, you can view activities by time or expense entries, sort by date range, search through activities quickly and easily with a keyword search, add or remove columns, and filter the table view. You can also manage activity categories and add new time and expense entries. Learn more about activities here.
In this tab, you can view current or outstanding bills and further differentiate bills by bill state, search through bills quickly and easily with a bill ID search, add or remove columns, and filter the table view. You can also record payments on bills and generate new bills. Learn more about bills here.
In this tab, you can view a transaction history for clients by all clients, authorized transactions, completed transactions, and failed transactions. You can also view existing payment plans by all plans, active plans, stopped plans, and completed plans for which bills have been fully paid, and create new payment plans and new transaction charges. Learn more about payments here.
In this tab, you can view your connected bank accounts, export account information, create new bank accounts, add or remove columns, and filter the table view. Learn more about bank accounts here.
In this tab, you can view documents stored in Clio Manage and documents from connected third-party document applications by both files and folders or only files. You can also search through documents quickly and easily with a keyword search, add or remove columns, filter the table view, and upload new documents and connect Clio's cloud-based document management application Clio Drive. Learn more about documents here and Clio Drive here.
In this tab, you can view phone, email, text, and client portal communications, search through communications quickly and easily with a keyword search, add or remove columns, and filter the table view. You can also add new communications. Learn more about communications here.
Get unique insights into all aspects of how your firm is performing. Reports can be filtered by categories, with details of what will be pulled on screen. Learn more about reports here.
- Home: The Clio App directory is a quick way to explore the apps available to make your Clio account unique to your needs. Learn more about integrations here.
- Search: Want to make your Clio experience even better? Do a keyword search for what you are looking for and add the integration that is right for you.
- My Integrations: Click this tab to find a list of your active integrations.
In this tab, you can set up, enable, and disable various Clio Manage settings. Learn more here.
- Offers: Curious about Clio product offers and promotions? Check out this section in your side panel for more details on what Clio is offering right now.
- Help Center: The Help Center is Clio's knowledge base for getting answers to your product and workflow questions. Quickly and easily access a breadth of learning materials right from this side panel.
- Law Community: The Law Community is a place for Clio customers to connect with each other, offer support, answer questions, and help each other be more successful. This is a dedicated place to meet other innovative and passionate legal professionals like yourself.
- Accounts that are less than two weeks old.
- Customers who are still in trial.
- Customers with accounts hosted on our European or Canadian servers.
- Customers who use the mobile two-factor push notification feature.